Thursday, December 23, 2010

14 Hands 2008 Merlot

to merlot or not to merlot. so many people i talk to just don't want to get back into this classic grape, which is too bad. there are many very nice merlots out there, including this one from washington. 14 hands sells for about $10 and is 82% merlot, and the other 18% is a mix of grenache, cab, cab franc and syrah. because of those other grapes mixed in, it gives you an interesting nose and palate. it is a fruit forward, easy drinking red that has a nose of cherry and blackberry, some spice and a little earth. the palate is mostly cherry and a blackberry. i got some subtle spice and nice earth flavors too. nice and full on the palate with soft tannins and a velvety finish, this will work with pizza, grilled meats, milder cheeses, or pasta dishes. nice red for every day drinking.

No comments: