Monday, November 30, 2009

Castillo de Monseran Garnacha 2007


tried this grenache at my local wine shop recently. very fruit forward wine. the nose was strawberries and raspberries, with some spice notes thrown in. got a little anise note as well. the palate was very fruit forward with lots of raspberry and strawberry, and a little plum. not as much of the earth and peppery spice as i would like, this one was a little short in overall depth. light tannins and a medium finish, this wine sells for about $10. i was just a little disappointed with this one. not a bad wine, just left me wanting a little more from it.

1 comment:

The Gourmez said...

I wish I'd tasted the anise! Otherwise, I mostly agree, though it only left me wanting a little bit, not a lot, more. Quoted you on the blog yesterday.